Your personal information is used for the following purposes which form the legitimate legal basis for processing your data:-
- The legitimate interests of the business – i.e. your personal details are required in order to keep in contact with you during, and prior, to the use of our services; without retaining your contact details we would not be able to contact you.
- Where you have chosen to consent to us contacting you regarding the use of our services, you are consenting to your information being retained for the purposes of contacting you.
We do not share your data with anyone except:
- If we need to contact your vet in an emergency; we will quote your name and address and dogs name.
- And your details are available for audit purposed to our Council Dog Warden during our annual inspection.
- We do not use any electronic booking software that would require your data, or any boarding agencies, we are completely autonomous.
- Where your information is passed to a third party (eg: an alternative dog care business if you have requested and authorised this) we confirm that this information will be passed securely and only where it is necessary. The third party will not pass your personal data on to anyone else without your consent and they will only hold your personal data for the amount of time that there is a legitimate reason to process and hold your data.
- Personal data is held and kept for two years after you cease using our services, this is to also comply with tax and licensing conditions. Any hard copies are securely disposed of after this time.