As a result of a revision of the Data Protection Act 1988, the new General Data Protection Regulation (effective from 25th May 2018) requires that Sams Home Boarding ensures, that clients are aware of what personal data is held, how we collect that data and with whom it is shared with and clients’ rights concerning their personal data.
Personal information held for each client consists of your name, address, contact telephone numbers, an email address, plus details on your dog such as, microchip details and medical requirements.
This information is collected via the registration form that is required on or before your dogs first stay with us and is kept in paper format only, secured at the business address.
Your personal information is used for the following purposes which form the legitimate legal basis for processing your data:-
- The legitimate interests of the business – i.e. your personal details are required in order to keep in contact with you during, and prior, to the use of our services; without retaining your contact details we would not be able to contact you.
- Where you have chosen to consent to us contacting you regarding the use of our services, you are consenting to your information being retained for the purposes of contacting you.
However where consent has been supplied you understand that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
This may however limit our ability to contact you regarding important news about our services.
We do not share your data with anyone except:
- If we need to contact your vet in an emergency; we will quote your name and address and dogs name.
- And your details are available for audit purposed to our Council Dog Warden during our annual inspection.
- We do not use any electronic booking software that would require your data, or any boarding agencies, we are completely autonomous.
- Where your information is passed to a third party (eg: an alternative dog care business if you have requested and authorised this) we confirm that this information will be passed securely and only where it is necessary. The third party will not pass your personal data on to anyone else without your consent and they will only hold your personal data for the amount of time that there is a legitimate reason to process and hold your data.
- Personal data is held and kept for two years after you cease using our services, this is to also comply with tax and licensing conditions. Any hard copies are securely disposed of after this time.